Friday, March 8, 2013

Web Watch 7


Navigating Our Social Media World   (March 1, 2013 blog written by Kristen Kelly who handles social media for ICF.)    http://icfheadquarters.blogspot.com/

The more serious I become about my coaching career, the more I realize that I need to completely embrace the new business model that incorporates social media as an important marketing tool. This article is a quick read, covers all the “tools” out there and helped me see where I still have work to do in order to really “nurture” my clients. “Providing quality content on a consistent basis” sounds simple enough, but really requires some “big picture” thinking and planning, planning and executing on a schedule. This really got me thinking about the value of a social media coach and what that investment could add, long-term, to my business.  Kelly also emphasizes the importance of connecting with responders to your sites and tweets. She also provides good, solid statistics that are hard to ignore…social media is a critical business tool that is here to stay.

I am going to spend some time this weekend enhancing my LinkedIn site, doing what Kelly suggests. What struck me was the commitment required to use these tools effectively and that requires a strategy for managing them.  I definitely see how hiring a social media coach would be an excellent next step! 

Respectfully,
Marggie Paris, LSW, BCC

No comments :

Post a Comment