Thursday, January 17, 2013

Web Watch - Week 2


Michelle Armstrong, BCC Life & Wellness, recently authored a blog, “Don’t Eliminate, Crowd Out in 2013” that I discovered on my alma mater’s website, ILCT (The Institute for Life Coach Training).     
I absolutely respect her re-examination of the New Year Resolution phenomenon, what will I give up this year? 
She believes that “Human nature is to hunger for that which we can’t have and denying ourselves sets us up for failure.” I tend to agree. She purposes that instead of eliminating the negative behavior (i.e., I will give up eating fast food) we will have better success by embracing the positive (i.e., I will eat 10 meals this week that I have prepared at home). The ultimate goal being to eat healthier, and by focusing on increasing more positive behaviors, they “will crowd out things we want to eliminate”.
She gives some great examples of applying this new resolution technique to 3 different areas; relationships, nutrition and finances.  This is a fresh approach to a January staple.
Respectfully,
Marggie Paris, LSW, BCC 

No comments :

Post a Comment