Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Call for Applications for the 2015 ICF-Chicago Board of Directors

The ICF–Chicago Board of Directors invites YOU to join us in creating an increasingly vital, fun, and vibrant community of coaches. We are at an exciting time to contribute to the professionalism of the coaching industry. Serving on the Board of Directors of the ICF–Chicago Chapter is an energizing and inspiring position of leadership. This service requires dedication of both time and commitment, while also fitting with a full personal life and professional life.

During 2015, ICF Global will be celebrating it's 20th Anniversary! We in Chicago will be finding some unique, enjoyable, and useful ways to mark this celebration. ICF-Chicago is very involved with ICF from a regional perspective as well as from the chapter level, as evidenced by our contributions to the Midwest Regional Conference (MRC). During 2015, the Midwest group of chapters will hold the 4th annual MRC, which is one of the most successful regional conferences which ICF Global has. It will be held in Kansas City, in late June 2015.

Regarding the experience of serving on the ICFC Board of Directors, below are some testimonials from those who have served.

President Elect (3 year commitment)
"As a past President of the CCF Board, I would have to say it was a great experience for me. I benefited in several ways including the following: it was a great opportunity to really hone my leadership skills; I gained so much experience and tools that I now use in my coaching business working with small businesses and their leadership teams; I developed several great friendships with like-minded people that I would never have developed otherwise; and the networking has contributed financially as well by referring and getting referrals from my colleagues and friends; this benefit has followed me long past being the President of the Board!"
– Michele Knight

Treasurer
"Being on the CCF board has been a very positive experience. I feel more a part of the Chicago coaching community and connected to my peers. The VP Finance position helped me see the bigger picture and offered access to the whole board. It's a great opportunity and I recommend it."
– Lawrence Hedblom

Membership Chair
"Serving as Co-Chair of Membership on the CCF Board this past year has been a rewarding experience for me. Through this experience, I have been provided with the opportunity to “give back” to the coaching profession and I have made very valuable and lasting connections and friendships. As well, I have been provided with the opportunity to work with some of the finest coaches in the business as well as help others to become the finest coaches in the business!"
– Ann Babiarz

Applications for nominations are available by downloading the ICFC Leadership Application for ICFC Leadership Form on the ICFC Volunteer Opportunities page here .

Please jump in and act quickly, as the ICFC Nominating process begins October 13, 2014 and closes four weeks later on November 10, 2014. The Nominating Committee will review applications and interview applicants, and will recommend a nominating slate to the Board of Directors. Then the ICFC VP of Governance, Betty Terrell, will present the nominating slate to the Board of Directors for ratification at the December Board Meeting. The new slate of the 2015 Board of Directors and Committee Chairmen will then be announced to the membership at that December 8, 2014 membership meeting.

No comments :

Post a Comment