Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another First by Marggie Paris, LSW BCC

I have been a member of ICF for the last 4 years and finally, this past Monday evening, crossed another item off my “Get To Do List” and attended an ICF Chicago Chapter meeting. What took me so long! Not only was the speaker [Dr. Laura Belsten] engaging and the subject relevant, the group that was present for the meeting had great energy. Just being present in the company of other coaches is invigorating and inspiring. I even had the opportunity to meet and talk with the Chapter Board members. The topic was Expand Your Coaching Business by Coaching Social & Emotional Intelligence and it confirmed what I have believed for many years that the importance of  Intellectual Intelligence in the workplace alone is overrated and what Social and Emotional Intelligence bring to bear on productivity and performance is greatly underrated. There is really a lot of opportunity for business and executive coaches to add value to there clients bottom line with this powerful tool. Did I mention that they served Panera Bread salad and sandwiches and that the drive out to the Triangle Plaza was really straight forward and there is plenty of parking. So for those of you, like myself, who have been really curious about these meetings…mark your calendar for next month’s meeting and come join us…I for one, will definitely be attending.

No comments :

Post a Comment