Monday, April 30, 2012

May President's Letter

Dear CCF Coaches:
Hola de Mexico.
This week I am teaching Leadership course to the MS level class of about 60 graduating students at the University of Celaya in this sunny Mexico. I have chosen to apply the power of coaching to the teaching process. I changed my role from that of a teacher to facilitator of learning. Students have become my customers. And understanding their needs, modes and abilities to learn has become more relevant to me. I am no more lecturing. I find the students are learning more by doing and interacting. I am applying the principles of coaching such as trust, non-judgment, acceptance, empowerment, being present, each student having unlimited potential, and energetic engagement as the means of learning. It is proving very motivating and effective.
The more I apply coaching aspects in my life processes, the more I find the Universe opening up to me. I am finally getting it and seeing it happen. Mexico becomes another step for me to bring me closer to my journey in becoming a ‘living’ coach.
In addition to facilitating learning, I will also be speaking to a group of leaders about the power of coaching; to a graduating high school class about taking responsibility and leadership moving forward; and as a chef, to the students at the school of gastronomy about the culinary aspects of Indian cooking; all as a service to the human society.
I believe it all happens because I have embraced ‘Connect and Grow’ in its true form. Connect in every interaction, and grow with each connection. (Note: I have used the ‘I’ word predominantly this time to indicate my taking personal responsibility for my transformational process)
Where is your journey as a coach taking you personally?
MRC is inviting you. The Midwest regional conference pre-registration was a hit. We are still focused on the two hundred number (attendees) from Chicago-land alone. Let me know as soon as you register for the conference. The web site is complete and very informative. Remember, it is your conference, for the people like yourself, and organized by the people like yourself. Check it out and visit www.icf-midwestregionalconference.com. Any questions, feel free to contact me directly at 847-612-4244. Ps. After registering, do not forget to volunteer for couple of hours of your time; great opportunity to network and gratitude.
Hope you have already renewed your ICF membership. There is still time to do so without losing any continuity (www.coachfederation.org). Become a regular at the chapter meetings. The board members are always there and ready to welcome and cheer you up. The speakers are great. And the value is superb. Every second Monday of the month, that’s when we meet. See you on Monday the 14th of May. For more information Connect: www.chicagocoachfederation.org.
Wishing you another wonderful month ahead. At your service, Kam Gupta. President. Chicago Coach Federation.citkam@gmail.com. 847-612-4244.
Thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment