Sunday, March 25, 2012

Message from The President

April 2012
Early Spring or Early Summer?
1.       Life is full of miracles. This year is no exception.  We have actually enjoyed the Midwest winter in earnest, including sporadic snowfalls. My life has completely turned around because of my association with CCF.  Our intention of ‘Connect and Grow’ has really begun to grow on me. Connect in every interaction and grow with every connection is becoming a conscious choice. As president of CCF I have met many great leaders on the board, speakers and coaches of high acclaim, new and experienced coaches, students from around the world, and great coaches like you. Here are some of the amazing things I have learned so far. Do not take anything for granted. Life is given, living it is a choice. Keep an open mind. Do what my heart says, and let the head support it. Do not judge people based on my experiences. Remain open to any opportunity to learn. Do things I have never done before. Learn from every critiques, advice and opportunity. It has put me in a place where I experience joy and peace more frequently, and make forward movement more sustainable.  How about you?

Midwest Regional Conference (MRC)
2.       I am going to the MRC (icf-midwestregionalconference.com). The website is complete and information packed. – the keynotes, session presenters, exhibitor opportunities, volunteer opportunities and registration information are all there. You can register at will. Registering before April I, 2012 (no fools day here) makes it Early Bird and saves you $100/- off the already low registration investment. Having attended ICF conference last year in Las Vegas, I can sense it is going to be at par in coach experience and value. I feel the excitement in the air. Join my team of at least 200 coaches from Chicago land.

While there, you can enhance you joy even further by giving a fraction of your time to volunteer for one of the sessions. Just two hours of your time, to know and introduce one of the presenters and facilitate the session. Imagine meeting someone you have not known before, learning from them, learning about their audience, and meeting them. I think it will be cool. If you have never been in public light before, here is your first chance to start out slow and feel the feel. Who knows, you might become one of the speakers next time around because of this experience. We need 50-60 kind hearted and energetic coaches (my heroes) to come forward and experience joy. Want to rise even higher – become the general coordinator to manage this entire activity. Let me know and I can explain more about it. Volunteering has its rewards.

Renew Your Membership
3.       Membership renewal is in full swing. Hope you have already renewed your membership or are in the process now to continue the membership benefits uninterrupted. I find ICF to be a great organization where I can learn a lot in becoming a very effective coach and benefit the coach community. Remember at CCF we love you and will continue to work for enhanced value for the coach community. We are ‘all things coaching’ and we mean it.

Chicago Coach Federation is the place where you matter. Tell us what you think and what else we can do to make your membership much more exciting and worth your while. We am ready to listen. E-mail me: citkam@gmail.com.
Let me conclude with one of the frequently used term from the movie Hunger Games, “May the odds be always in your favor’.Let’s stay connected and grow from our experiences. Stay in the positive.

Sincerely,
Kam Gupta

No comments :

Post a Comment